Automating Warehouse Processes with SAP BTP
The warehouse admin & operative processes were heavily reliant on paper-based processing and manual input into highly bespoke SAP transactions. This was opening the risk to input errors and causing physical operations to be out of sync with the system. Furthermore it was causing delays with updates to SAP, deferring calls to action in the supply chain.
Brakes worked with Bluestonex on utilising:
1. SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) and existing Bluestonex software used for data process automation. The project delivered operational warehouse management applications for outbound logistics for Warehouse Administrator via Bluestonex no code framework ‘Maextro’
2. SAP BTP and existing Bluestonex software used for mobile application processing. The project delivered operational warehouse transaction applications for Goods Receipt, Put-away and Replenishment.
Their Admin process is now managed and monitored via Maextro framework using the SAP BTP Fiori services delivering delightful user experience and automation.
Users on the warehouse floor now use UI5 applications across many different devices for real time updates to SAP, giving insights to admin on inbound and internal process flows.
reduction in training time. Lowered from 6 months to 1 week.
reduction in data input errors
reduction in cost due to reduction in staffing
They’ve really looked at this through the lens of a user and not only challenged themselves but challenged me and my team as well, questioning some of the things we were proposing and suggesting alternatives which has meant we have come out of this process with a very good solution.
On a personal level its been really rewarding. Its great how easy they were to work with also how agile they can be (unlike other bigger service providers). So, it was this and the fact they have products now to give customers like us an accelerator.
originally published on SAP Innovation Awards 2023 entry page.
Find more information about the customer project within the case study by Bluestonex.
Listen to the openSAP podcast to hear from brakes and Bluestonex about their successful project.
Get to know Maextro and find it on SAP Store.
- Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
- 6,500 UK based
Brakes is a leading national foodservice provider covering the whole of England, Scotland and Wales. They provide a large range of range of products, everything from fresh meat, produce to, frozen and ambient products, supplying a diverse customer base, from large pub chains, schools, hospitals, to hotels, restaurants, café’s and coffee shops.
• Brakes has been providing top quality food and catering supplies to the foodservice industry for more than 60 years
• Has the most extensive range of own brand products in foodservice.
• Focus on identifying what customers needed and the great and small things that will help them to succeed, with modern day focus
increased focus on other categories such as fresh produce.
• In 2016, Brakes became part of the Sysco family – giving Brakes access to new processes, products and technology that come from
being part of the largest foodservice company in the world.